How do I update my profile in the 501tech helpdesk software?
501tech maintains contact and other types of information on all those clients we support. We use this information in order to provide more responsive service and to do so in a secure manner. In order for us to securely assist clients who call the support line (918-591-2448), or to procure products at the direction of a client, the information in the helpdesk client profile must be accurate and complete.
You can update your profile by following the simple steps below.
1. Point your browser to www.501tech.net.
2. Click on the grey ticket icon in the upper right hand corner of the page.
3. Click on SIGN IN in the upper right hand corner of the page.
4. Enter your full email address.
5. Enter your helpdesk password.
6. Click on the Login button.
a. If you have forgotten your helpdesk password…
i. Click on Forgot your password?
ii. Enter your full email address.
iii. Find the password reset email in your inbox and follow the directions.
7. Click on the down arrow beside your name in the upper right hand corner.
8. Click on the Edit Profile option.
9. Complete ALL fields for your profile record. Again, this allows us to more effectively meet your needs in every circumstance. Regarding your Mobile Phone number, we will never use this unless circumstances dictate it (as in you are away from the office and this is the only way to get hold of you). Regarding the Passphrase and Passphrase Hint, this information is used by 501tech to validate your identity when you call for assistance. Without this information we either have to validate your identity another way or ask you to hang up, update your profile and then call back.
10. It helps us create a more human connection if we know what you look like. So consider (not required) loading a pic of yourself into the system by clicking on the orange “Change photo” button on the upper left hand side of the display. Just select a photo of yourself from your PC and save.
11. Click on Save Changes.
12. That’s it!